Terms & Conditions
07729 446 088
A.P. Chef – Event Terms and Conditions
Confirmation and Final Details
* Once the Client confirms acceptance of an estimate and pays the deposit, this becomes a
contractual agreement and this is the point where the Terms and Conditions come into full
effect. All Terms and Conditions must be read and understood by the Client.
* All final details including numbers, dietary requirements, table plan and timelines are to be provided when requested, 4 weeks prior to the event date.
Prices and Services
* All prices listed are exclusive of VAT, except where stated.
* If the number of guests attending exceeds the numbers originally booked, and A.P. Chef is able to cater for them, the Client will be charged, at the prevailing rate, for the greater number.
* If the number of guests is less than originally booked, A.P. Chef will still charge for the numbers ordered.
* Payments by BACS only (unless separately agreed however please note that any card
payments will incur a 1.8% fee)
* All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
* A non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total bill estimate is required when A.P. Chef’s
services have been booked.
* Payment in full is required for all catering services provided by A.P. Chef prior to the event.
* All cancellations incur a loss of full deposit. Whilst we understand that there can be
unforeseen circumstances, if a cancellation is made within 14 days of the event we will bill for 60% of the final invoice. Cancellations must be confirmed in writing.
* All cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Only when written cancellation is received will the cancellation become effective.
* All goods and ingredients are offered subject to availability. If an item becomes unavailable or it is of insufficient quality for a client’s function, A.P. Chef reserves the right to make a substitution. Wherever possible the client will be notified of any changes in advance.
* All dietary requirements will be accommodated, and it is the Client’s responsibility to outline the details of the requirements, including a full table plan showing where those people will be seated.
* All food which is not consumed within two hours at room temperature should be disposed
of. Any person subsequently consuming food, or taking food home for consumption, does so at their own risk. A.P. Chef cannot accept responsibility for food consumed otherwise than at the location at which the food is supplied, or after the initial two-hour period.
* Food Allergies & Intolerances: All food contains allergenic ingredients. Special diets for food allergies will be catered for only if they have been arranged prior to the event and confirmed in writing. Please note that A.P. Chef works with allergenic ingredients in our kitchen and whilst A.P. Chef will cater for special diets for people with food allergies, it cannot be guaranteed that their meals will not contain traces of allergenic ingredients.
* A.P. Chef accepts no liability for any food or drink provided by another caterer or by the Clients themselves. A.P. Chef cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to Clients’ wedding cakes when the Client asks us to assist with the presentation of it. It is advised that the Client arranges and presents the cake themselves. However, A.P. Chef does offer a cake cutting service in the evening as part of the catering package.
* Additional charges may apply for the hiring of specialist equipment and, if so, these will be stated in the Client’s catering quote.
* The Client is responsible for any damage, breakages, or loss of any property belonging to both A.P. Chef, or any property hired for the Client’s function, however caused, and will be charged at the full replacement value. A refundable deposit may be charged in advance to go towards costs of potential damage, breakages and/or loss of equipment used during the event.
* A.P. Chef reserves the right to charge (including for any applicable increased or overtime rates) more for staffing costs should any function run on longer than initially planned or detailed in the catering package.
* The Client is responsible for obtaining all the necessary insurance, licences, permissions and consents which may be required before the event date.
* Costs and timings of clearing the premises of equipment and of cleaning post-event to be
discussed and agreed with the Client at the time of booking.
Liability of Ali Pumfrey Chef and ‘Force Majeur’
* A.P. Chef accepts no liability under any claim whatsoever arising (be it by negligence or otherwise) for any loss over the figure of the existing A.P. Chef Public Liability Limit of Indemnity. This figure changes from time to time and is available on request.
* A.P. Chef shall incur no liability to the Client if the performance of the event is prevented or hindered by any case whatsoever beyond A.P. Chef control.
A.P. Chef – Cooking Class Terms and Conditions
* You have permission to act on another person’s behalf when you provide their personal
* You will arrive at least 10 minutes ahead of the scheduled start time of your class to ensure minimal disruption and no refunds will be given to late arrivals as per our cancellation and rescheduling policy below.
* You will wear practical clothing, including flat shoes that cover your toes.
* You will follow all hygiene and safety procedures that we inform you about. You
acknowledge, however, that whilst we will suggest health and safety measures, it is impossible for us to safeguard your health and safety at all times for an online class and you are ultimately responsible for your own health and safety.
* You alone are responsible to ensure ingredients you purchase before an online cooking class are suitable for your own health needs, and safely transported, stored and (if applicable) prepared.
* Following your class, you will follow all our instructions for the preparation, transportation, storage, reheating, cooking and consumption of meals.
* You will indemnify and hold A.P. Chef harmless from your preparation, storage, re-heating and consumption of food after your class and any injuries or damages you sustain or your guest.
* Our liability to you shall not exceed the total price charged for any classes you have paid for.
* If you book an online cooking class, A.P. Chef will send an ingredients list, equipment list and preparation guidelines to the email address you provide at the time of booking. It is your responsibility to pay for and ensure you have the ingredients and equipment required to participate in the online cooking class. A.P. Chef are not liable to provide any refunds,
exchanges, reschedule an online class, pay for the cost of ingredients or equipment, or liable in any other way to you if you are unable to fulfil those requirements.
* For online cooking classes, it is your responsibility to ensure you have the technical capability (such as software and internet speed) to attend that class. A.P. Chef are not liable to provide any refunds, exchanges, reschedule an online class, provide technical support, or liable in any other way to you if you are unable to attend or participate fully in an online cooking class due to any technical issues.
Food Allergy For Cooking Classes
* You must inform us of any dietary requirements and allergies that you have and A.P. Chef
will provide you with suitable substitutions.
* You alone are responsible, and we accept no responsibility, for ensuring that allergy and dietary requirements are taken care of after A.P. Chef have made the relevant substitution suggestions.
Social Media For Cooking Classes
* By taking part in our cooking classes and events you grant A.P. Chef full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and adaptations of the images for
publicity or other purposes. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in our printed and online publicity, social media and press releases. If you do not wish to be photographed, please inform us in person or email us at email@example.com.
* You agree that A.P. Chef may store and use the images you enter into our competitions, and may use your name and image in its social media channels and website (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and website) without limit of time.
Payments For Cooking Classes
* All payments must be made in full when you book online or in person for A.P. Chef classes or events. We do not make provisional bookings nor can we reserve a booking until full payment has been made.
Cancellations & Refunds Policy
* Should you wish to cancel your course or event 14 days before the start date, please
email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try our best to reschedule your course or provide a
* If you cancel your booking within 14 days of the start of your course or event, please
email email@example.com. If we are unable to resell your place in the time remaining, you
will forfeit all course or event fees with your booking.
* If a person that is booked fails to attend for any reason, they would not be entitled to a refund or rebooking onto another course or event.
* A.P. Chef reserves the right to refuse access to cooking classes if attendees are more than 20 minutes late from when the class is scheduled to start.
* If you cancel your booking within 14 days of the start of the event or cooking class due to illness, A.P. Chef has the discretion to allow whether or not the booking class can be
Cancellations by A.P. Chef
* If A.P. Chef is unable to do a cooking course due to illness, another date will be chosen
for the class. If you are unable to attend the second date a full refund will be issued.
* There is a full copyright of all the course content development by A.P. Chef and with
their external partners (if applicable). The content are given to our customers for their
own personal private use only. If this is used for a commercial purpose and shared either
on a hardcopy or online medium, please seek written permission from A.P. Chef on
firstname.lastname@example.org before sharing or publication.
* A.P. Chef collects information such as your name, email address, address and telephone
number. This information is used by A.P. Chef to process your courses and events
bookings and will not be shared or disclosed with any outside third party unless the
courses or events are jointly run by an external partner who requires the information for
the running of the courses or events.
* Please tell us of any food allergies or health issues so we can determine if the course or event you wish to attend would be suitable and if we could make any arrangements to
enable you to attend this course or event. This information will not be shared with any
third party unless we are running the event jointly with an external partner.